Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

Even though I don't believe in the religious aspect of Christmas, it really has a way of bringing people together and making them feel loved. So I'm taking a moment here to wish anyone who reads this blog a Merry Christmas. Enjoy some time off from work, being with family and friends, reminiscing about this year, and planning the next one.

So, a special thanks to the important people in my life, including but not exclusive to:

Mom, I really admire your enthusiasm and your decisiveness. I've tried to be more like you in those regards.
Dad, you've helped me keep a laid back approach and to see the big picture.
Bob, you've had to put up with me more than anyone. I don't think anyone else could have put up with being so close to me for so many years as well as you have.
Paul, thanks for always going along with what I say or think. It's nice to have someone who has such confidence in me.

민채, I couldn't have survived my first year in Korea without you. I've never felt so close to anyone, and I know I can always depend on you.
Alex, your trust in humanity is really refreshing to me because I certainly don't have it. Even when we don't agree, I think we always find a way to benefit each other.
여주, your understanding and self-motivation has been really encouraging to me. And when you don't understand me, thanks for always assuming the best ^^
Danny, your complete disregard for anyone else is inspiring. It's a great trait that you aren't afraid to be yourself in any situation, and to let people make their own judgements about you.
김수진, 이주현, 정지혜, 배수진, 진희연, 허민, 이인환 and 최혜진, thanks for helping me in times of need at my school. You're all busy with your own work, but always take the time to give me a reassuring smile or to give me a hand.
Joel, I admire how you never get discouraged and always keep fighting, even when you have no idea what lies ahead.
Zach, I dont even know what to say about you. You are the king of not caring. I think your ability to look neither back at the past nor into the future is quite endearing. You have a charming personality.
Viruck, you are so selfless to everyone around you, friend or foe. A great quality to have, especially since most Koreans seem to think Americans are so selfish.
진성, thanks for being my korean mother, even though you're only 3 and a half years older than me. You are the most caring person i've ever met, and always take care of me -- when I need it and when I don't need it.
Yuriko, we just spent less than one year together at university, but in the last 4 years we've always been able to depend on each other, whether in USA, Japan, or Korea. I don't know when I'll see you next, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also, to my grandparents and other extended family, and to Ben, Smokey, 미정, 유진, 지영, Dan, 슬기, Alex, Jozsef, Jill, Julie, Haruna, 석영, 효정, 은선, 유선, Irene, Candice, Sandile, Rob, Erin, 준, 현순, 나윤, Mona, Mandolyn, Haiyan, Mira, Annika, and everyone else in Korea, USA, Japan, China, Canada, Germany, England, New Zealand, Australia, Russia, or another place. I can't honestly say that my life would be the same without your influence.

Happy holiays ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment